Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Google Project Reflection

Last week I had my Google project “Google scholar” done and unfortunately, I believe that it wasn’t my best performance. Usually I am good in Presentations and interacting with people, and giving training to my classmates was quite q good experience. Frankly speaking, I lost interest in being a trainer after I got my feedback from Mr. Chatterji.

I’ve never trained a group of students before; it was absolutely new thing to me. I think I would have enjoyed it more if it wasn’t assessed. Because every time an idea pops up in my mind, I plan to do it then hesitate wither it might affect my grade or not and I end up not doing some of the things I planned. Moreover, trying to cheer up a sleepy class was a bit hard thing to do since they already had like 3 sessions before mine which is more than enough information to them.

I think the Project could have been more exciting and thrilling if each one of us “trainers” trained a smaller group of students at a time to make sure that they understand the material fully.


One thing I can’t deny, that all Google tools sessions I attended have benefited me a lot for my preparation for my studies. Personally I use Google Labs, chrome, scholar, Finance, Mail, news and Groups. Moreover I started explaining these features to my sisters at home.



Last thing I would like to mention is that when my teacher asked me what grade I think I should give myself I underestimated myself which I truly regretted later.

No comments:

Post a Comment